Monday, March 28, 2016

It's hard to say goodbye...

Elder Liera, Nyampong, Beall & Goodrich
We got transfer news this week. I'm leaving Amasaman tomorrow. I honestly don't know how I feel about that. I've said for so long that I want to leave and see somewhere new and have a little change but now that it's happening I don't want to leave. Amasaman has become my home and the members here have accepted me as family and taken such good care of me. I don't want to leave them anymore. I'm also leaving behind some great investigators that I've been looking for for months now. They're all progressing so well and should be getting baptized here in the next month. I really wanted to see the deacons quorum president's mom get baptized. She's so ready and accepts everything we teach so fast I just didn't have enough time to get her in the water. It's funny how after over 6 months here and 2 transfers in this area I'm regretting not having enough time. My new area should be great though. I am going to the Buduburam area which is a Liberian Refugee Camp.  My new companion is Elder P. He is from my MTC group. We are going to be co-equal companions. Elder Wallin is also in that apartment. We're going to have the best time ever. Beall is getting transferred too. He's going to the bush, an area called Oda. It's kind of like a city in the bush so he should enjoy it. He's getting a good companion and I know he'll do great. Liera goes home tomorrow too. I'm really sad to see him go. I've loved being around him a lot and become great friends with him. He'll be missed here in Ghana but I hope he enjoys home. That's really all I have to talk about this week, the transfer had kind of thrown me off and made me reflect on my time here. Sorry I don't have more to say. 

Sister Matilda helping out the missionaries, repairing Elder Beall's backpack (she is a seamstress)


No comments:

Post a Comment