Monday, March 14, 2016

Rain & Elder Rasband

March 8-14

Elder Beall, Nyampong & Goodrich
Tuesday. We got rained out again. Just as we got ready to head out a massive storm came rolling over the mountain. We got kinda scared so we went back inside. Not 5 minutes after we did it started pouring. It rained out our entire day. One problem with the rain is that even if it rains for just a few minutes, no one will do anything all day. Everyone sleeps when it rains. All appointments get canceled and no one answers the door when you knock. It's lame. This time it did rain on is all day though. It was off and on for about 4-5 hours. We used the time wisely. We napped, we studied, I practiced the guitar a little bit. With rainy season setting in I feel like I'll be getting a lot more guitar practice than most. Nyampong also taught me how to make a really nice stew today. I'm going to have to try making it some time. 
Storms rolling in 

Wednesday. The highlight of today was not what I expected it to be. While we were out and about, doing our thing, we got a phone call from the APs. They said they wanted to go on an exchange with us and would be coming to pick us up at 9:00 this evening to take us back to their place. I don't know what prompted this sudden desire to do an exchange but they want an exchange. We ended up needing to skip PEC that night so that we could pack up a few things for our overnight stay at the APs apartment. They were late picking us up so we didn't actually get to their place until 10:15. We went straight to bed. 

Thursday. Apparently the APs think we're horrible missionaries or something because at 6:40 they came in to make sure we were awake. Then at 8:00 they came in to make sure we were dressed and studying. I kind of wanted to tell them that what we are doing is our own affair but I guess in a way it's their job to check on us like that. When it came time for companionship study they wanted us to do it all together. It was more like Elder Obasogie just lectured all of us and I didn't learn much from it. It wasn't really study. I then spent the morning with Elder Taylor. Not the one that was once my companion but a different one. We contacted for 4 hours and didn't teach one lesson. After lunch I went with Elder Obasogie. This time we just walked from failed appointment to failed appointment. I taught only one lesson in the 4 hours that I was with him. A pretty rough day. Once it was over, the APs didn't have anything to say to us. I think that's because there was nothing they could teach us from what we did. I felt kind of bad for them but it happens. They took us back home and I got to sleep in my own bed again, it was joyous. 

Friday. We had a small problem this morning. Light went off and we were out of water. Well we had water in our bottom tank but not the tank we use. To use that water we have to pump it up into out top tank. To do that we need light to turn on our pump. So no light and no water means no shower and no cleaning dishes to eat. Basically we are stuck waiting for light to come back. Other than that it was just another normal day. At least we didn't have to proselyte with the APs again. It was fun and good for sure but I hate not being in my own area. Just knowing that I'm not assigned to that area makes me care less for it. Now if it had been an old area of mine then I'd never want to leave. Anyways, it felt good to be back in my area. We had a pretty good day. Nothing too exciting or scary or just plain weird. I even got a chance to practice the guitar a little bit. I'm improving slowly but surely. 

Saturday. We got some more crappy weather today. It started out as just a very boisterous morning. That's manageable. Undesirable but manageable. However even that started to get worse on us so our proselyting was cut short. Thankfully we weren't in one of our far areas, we were just in  Pokuase. I ended up just drinking Magic Malt (4 cans of it) and playing the guitar while singing. I'm surprised Beall didn't kill me or something. Even more surprising was that Nyampong didn't kill me. Much to our surprise, the APs called yet again. This time they needed either Liera or Nyampong. Elder Ntumba's companion, Elder Campbell, has decided to go home. I think he's the group from December but I don't know. I do know he hasn't been out more than 3 or 4 transfers. It's sad to see him going home so early. Nyampong was asked to go be Ntumba's companion just until Monday. That means Beall, Liera, and I are in a threesome for a few days. 
Sunday. It was weird having just 3 people in the apartment this morning. We used to have 6 so the lack of activity is a little strange.  We had one investigator and 5 less actives come out to church today.  Our investigator is named Isaac, his brother is one of the less actives we have been working with.  He is 20 years old and has recently moved to Accra from the Volta Region. After church we just hung out with Liera. Later on in the evening, Ntumba and Nyampong came back to stay the night with us and prepare for our day tomorrow

Monday. Today we got to meet an apostle. Elder Rasband came to speak to our mission and the Accra mission together. It was incredible. He shook all of our hands and talked to each of us for just a few seconds. He spoke to us on missionary calls and the revelation that goes into them and the divinity of them. It was absolutely incredible. You could feel the spirit and the love that radiated from him as he stood before us. Definitely a day that I will never forget. Once we finished there we went home and now to the cafe for some emailing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment