Monday, August 22, 2016

Ghana Mean Time...

Aug 16-22

They have a St. George store in Ghana!!

Service project cutting weeds with a cutlass.  He finally got to play with a big knife!!





So I'm not sure if I've told you about how time works here. We run on
what missionaries like to call GMT or Ghana Mean Time. That means if
you have an appointment planned for say 1:00, it will probably take
place around 3:00 maybe 4:00. Just let me share an example of that
from our week. On Tuesday, the guy hired to fix our water pump came.
He was supposed to come Monday. He was actually supposed to come
 Monday morning around 7:00 or 8:00, but he came Tuesday afternoon 
around 2:30. That causes problems for us but it's normal.

In other news, we found a really cool guy to teach named Kingsford.
He's 28 with a wife and two sons age 2 and 6 months. It was really
cool, we prayed to find a family to teach just that morning and then
all of the sudden he pops up. He will be baptized in two weeks or so.
Hopefully his wife will with him. He was told about the church by his
friend, Rudolf. Rudolf is a less active member from Nigeria and he has
some super cool dreadlocks. He wants to come back to church really bad
but feels like he isn't worthy to because of some things he has done.
We are working to help him figure some things out and come back and
enjoy the blessings that he once had and desires to have again.

I also went on exchange with Elder Ndlovu this week. Ndlovu is from
Zimbabwe and he's in my district right now. Basically I love
Zimbabweans. They're the coolest people ever. Ndlovu was no different.
We had an awesome day together and I wish that we were companions. We
would have so much fun together. One day I'm going to visit Zimbabwe
and hang out with Chemhuru and Ndlovu and all the others that I've
met.

That's basically my week. Other news is that Kofi (he prefers James)
and Emmanuelle were confirmed on Sunday. We planned things for our
open house this coming Saturday. We sang as a choir in sacrament
meeting and I blessed the sacrament again. Oh and we also started
making plans with the APs and the mission president to get me and my
companion to a golf course next week to play a little golf. We had a
fun zone activity too, lots of sports and lots of jollof (rice cooked
in a tomato stew). It was a pretty good week.
Eating some cocoa fruit (he said the meat tastes like a sour pear) The cocoa fruit grows in the cape coast region.  An investigator gave this to them.  The seeds are dried and ground into cocoa powder.  

No comments:

Post a Comment