Tuesday, July 26, 2016

One Year!!

Elder Goodrich, Chemuru & Wallin - July 22, 2016
July 19-25

What a week!  I've been out for one year now and I can hardly believe it. We celebrated by burning shirts on Friday. Since Wallin, Chemhuru, and I are all the same MTC group it turned into more of a bonfire. All three of us burned shirts and had a blast! Not only that but we made pancakes and syrup as well as steak for our celebration. It doesn't get much better than that. And then to top things off, we had a baptism on Saturday. Murphy was able to get baptized and confirmed on Sunday. It was so awesome to see him take that step in his life. When we met him for the first time, all four of us were together at a members house eating dinner and none of us wanted to talk to him or teach him since we were busy and eating. Finally I gave in and taught him the first little bit of the restoration. Soon Chemhuru joined in and then Wallin and before I knew it we had taught the whole first lesson to him. It strengthened my testimony that even though I was tired and didn't want to talk to him, that by putting forth a little effort I was able to bless the life of this man. Since that day I've watched him grow and prepare for his baptism. I can think of no greater way to celebrate my year mark than by seeing Murphy receive ordinances required for his salvation. So yes it was my one year and I had fun burning a shirt and celebrating, but the real highlight, the real joy came from helping someone make a change in their life and seeing them be baptized by proper priesthood authority. I know this church is true and I love it with all my heart. 

I share these things with you in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Baptisms!!

No comments:

Post a Comment