Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Waiting for water trucks

February 2-8

Tuesday. Today was the stupidest day ever. We have to be present when the water truck comes to fill our polytanks. If we aren't there then they will cheat us and give us half the water that we pay for. They were supposed to come in the morning. They didn't so I called them. They said they were on the way and it wouldn't be too long. I called them 3 or 4 more times throughout the day and they kept saying 30 minutes each time. They didn't come until 5:00. It takes a while to fill too so we couldn't go out in the evening. There just wasn't any time left. It just made me mad. Because of some stupid water truck guys we wasted an entire day we could have been proselyting. It was hard for me to deal with that. 

Elder Beall (Montana) and our water tank
Wednesday. We started off the day with zone training. Our zone gathered at our chapel to watch the 2 hour missionary broadcast that the rest of the world watched like 2 weeks ago. The APs came too and we all just watched and took notes. Tomorrow we'll go to meet with half of the zone to discuss the video and then Friday the other half will meet to discuss. The APs also brought with them some packages. I wasn't expecting to get anything but I got an large envelope as well as 2 letters. They were a conference ensign and the snow canyon missionary newsletter thing that is being sent out. It was sweet to read about all of my friends and the great things they're doing on their missions around the world. I know that we are doing what is right. I know this is what we are supposed to be doing. Seeing my friends do the same thing and grow just as I have really strengthens my testimony about missionary work. I love this work and I can honestly say that serving a mission has been better for me than it has for the people in Ghana. 

Thursday. Zone training part 2. We traveled to Nsawam today to meet with the 2 districts there. We basically just spent an hour or so talking about the video that we watched yesterday and what it means for us as a mission. The zone leaders also announced that everyone will be going into 2 man apartments by March. That means that if Beall and I stay together, we will be moved into an apartment in our area and our area boundaries would change drastically. I'm honestly hoping that I don't stay for this change. I need to move somewhere else and have a fresh start otherwise I'm going to go insane. I've been in this area for too long now. We'll see what happens though. There are some other changes as well. We are no longer supposed to find people ourselves but to rely more on contacts. We are also supposed to teach the members of the ward the missionary lessons again. I think this could work well but it's definitely new. Oh I also broke my pinky toe today. Don't know how but when I was walking around the apartment tonight it was hurting pretty bad. When I checked it out, it was swollen, purple in one spot, and tender. Never broken a toe before so that's cool. 

Friday. Kochevar and Liera went to talk with the other half of the zone about the video. Beall and I just studied all morning and did our thing like it was a regular day. For some reason everyone thought we were business men today. We had 4 people stop us wanting a job. When we told them that we can't give them a job they then wanted money. We had to tell them that we aren't employed and don't have money. They always say that because we are white we have plenty of money and should give them some and take them to America. It really makes me mad when people here do that. In America you are raised being taught not to be racist. I came here and everyone is racist against whites. It bugs me so much. I don't know why but today got under my skin more than usual so I needed to vent about it a little. 

Saturday. Quite a busy day today. We started off the day with everyone feeling a little under the weather. I personally had a small headache and my toe I broke hurt like crazy. Kochevar and Liera had a baptism though so it was a bad day to feel bad. The baptism was a success and so we all went back to the apartment for lunch. 30 minutes later all of us were asleep. It's a good thing too because none of us were in proselyting shape. None of us planned on falling asleep so no alarm was set. We had a meeting at 3:00 about 45 minutes away and we almost slept through it. I got lucky and received a phone call from Paddon asking if Beall and I would join he and Lambson for a snack at the mall on the way there. We went and got snacks and then had the meeting.  Then we all got dinner at the mall. Half of us wanted Chicken Inn and the other half wanted something else. We all desired to eat together though so we decided to meet back up at Chicken Inn to eat. Those who didn't get their food at Chicken Inn weren't allowed to eat there. They wouldn't let them in the door with their other food. It ticked us off. So we ate separately and then went on home. 

Sunday. Fast Sunday. Not only that, but the ward choir performed today. Beall and I are part of that ward choir. We have been trying to attend practices to get to know ward members better and we got roped into performing. Thankfully we actually did well. We were horrible during practices but when we performed we sounded really good. After church we had another fireside like thing where the ward said goodbye to Elder and Sister Hill. Elder Hill is the area doctor and they have been in the ward the entire time they've been in Ghana. It was sad to see them go and see the people of the ward say bye to them. Tonight we ate at a members house. I honestly don't know what we ate. We did wash it down with the worst sobolo ever though. They added too much ginger too it. Kochevar got 3 large box packages today and one of them had a little hackie sack in it. We played hackie sack for hours tonight.  It was fun but now my broken toe hurts even more, as does the rest of my foot. 
Our dinner companion

Monday. We got up and cleaned just like every other Monday. When we finished we went to Pokuase to meet Paddon and Lambson. We all ride together to Kasoa to go to the mall and meet up with all the other missionaries. We met with Reeves and his companion, Mantz. It was so awesome to see Reeves again. We also met up with Wallin. He had to buy my lunch for me because the Broncos won the Super Bowl. He's a huge Panthers fan so he wanted to make a bet with me. We had an awesome time hanging out with everyone and Beall finally got to meet some other missionaries. Now we are just at the cafe back in our area doing some emailing. We have a family home evening later tonight with the ward mission leader. 

No comments:

Post a Comment