Monday, January 9, 2017

Eunice's Baptism....

Jan 3-9

Well it's been another wonderful week here in Kasoa. Eunice finally got baptized. I've been working with her since the very beginning of August. I wasn't the first though. Missionaries have been meeting with her off and on now for well over a year. She has been ready for her baptism for a long time, she just didn't know she was ready. Finally we've helped her to see it. Her husband, Isaac, was absolutely ecstatic. He was able to perform the baptism for her and will also have the chance to do the confirmation. I'm so excited for their family. The two of them have one child, a baby boy. He's just a few months old now. I just keep thinking about how he'll grow up in a wonderful home with wonderful parents who are faithful members of the church. Not only that but he will have the opportunity to be sealed to his mother and father for time and all eternity. Then to top it off, he will serve a mission in 18 years and touch the lives of countless other people. Sometimes I forget the impact I can have as a missionary. By touching the life of one person, thousands and thousands can be impacted. In other news, we are getting some great new people to teach. One man named Christian is progressing quite rapidly. We had set a baptismal date with him for next Sunday but we may have to push it back one week. He's a sweet guy and says he's been looking for this his whole life. We also started teaching Sandra this week. She's the daughter of a less active member that we haven't been able to get ahold of. We found out that her mother, Comfort, isn't coming because her husband won't let her anymore. Sandra wants to come and be baptized though. She accepted a baptismal date for the last Sunday of the month. Rudolf has also referred us to another friend and is helping us teach him. Rudolf is awesome, always wanting to help, always willing to share what he believes, and always wanting to learn more about the gospel. There are great things in store for him. Oh also something funny from the week. On Friday night we had coordination with the branch mission leader. While there he asked us about a less active, Comfort. I believe the way he phrased it was "Elders, have you been going to visit my aunt? It's been a long time since I've seen her at church". It's like well I haven't heard from my aunt in a long time so I better ask the missionaries because it's not like I can call or even drive to her house or anything. That's just the Ghana mentality. Everyone sees us as these authoritative figures too but in reality we have no authority over anything in the ward or branch. Sometimes it gets ridiculous but we deal with it. Anyways, it was a good week and I'm looking forward to another one though it will likely be my last in Kasoa. Hope you all have a nice week.

No comments:

Post a Comment