Monday, June 13, 2016

Break-ins and Baptisms

June 7-13

Best week ever. Florence finally got baptized this week! She was
supposed to get baptized 6-7 weeks ago but nothing ever lined up right
so it kept getting pushed back farther and farther and farther. It
almost got pushed back again this week too. The baptism, scheduled for
9:00 didn't start until almost 12:00. It wasn't that we didn't have
water or people didn't show up, it was that our ward mission leader
didn't come. That causes problems when he is the only one with keys to
the padlocks on the baptismal font. We called him for an hour, went to
his house, nothing worked and we never got in contact with him. Oddly
enough, he answered the bishops phone call and not ours though. When
he did answer the phone he lied and was of no help so we decided to
get things done ourself. That meant the missionaries took turns
playing church related games or singing hymns with those there while
the others worked on breaking off the padlocks with a garden hoe,
under bishop's supervision of course. So with the locks broken the 

baptism took place and Florence was baptized. She asked me to baptize
 her. I've been there since day one with her and it's been so amazing to 
watch her grow. Her testimony is so strong, sweet, and pure. I feel like 
a parent who has raised a child and not messed the whole thing up. 
I couldn't be more excited about this. Anyways I just wanted to share 
this amazing experience with you. I want you to know that I love this 
gospel and I know it to be true. I've seen the change it has made in 
people's lives and I've seen the change its made in me since I came here 
to Africa. I know without a doubt that my Heavenly Father is there and 
loves me. I wish for everyone to know this as I do. I say these things in 
the name of Jesus Christ, amen.


Elder Wallin & Goodrich taking a moto-taxi


No comments:

Post a Comment