Monday, November 23, 2015

November 16, 2015: Memorial Service

Papaya Trees
We knock down the fruit and eat it!
Thursday. Believe it or not, things actually got better for us on Thursday. It was one of the first days in a long time that we actually taught more than 3 lessons in one day! Granted we still didn't leave the apartment until 11:30 and our last appointment did include dinner so we stayed most of the night. Oh and on top of that, Taylor broke his bike while pulling into the house the night before so, in our very large area, we were on foot until a new bike is made available. It was hard to walk all over and to do it in the rain that we have been having lately but we did it all day just fine. It wasn't until our last appointment while we were waiting for them to finish cooking that I started to feel a little bad. In about 5 minutes I went from fine to wanting to die. I had a headache and a high fever. After they fed my companion, he dragged me back to the house where I popped a few pills and laid down to die. 

Friday. I woke up feeling even crappier than I had the night before. Taylor and Uzoho left early for a Book of Mormon devotional so I was left with Martineau for the day. Asumani decided to pass on our own Book of Mormon devotional and Martineau wouldn't let me go proselyte in my current state so i went and laid down around 9:00 for a quick power nap. That quick nap ended around 2:30 in the afternoon. Martineau said he had come in to check on me a few times and make sure I was still breathing but that he wouldn't wake me up. He made me some lunch and we lounged about watching church movies for the rest of the day. It was a long and painful day for me but at least I was able to spend it with someone that i've grown close to. Near the end of the day, I asked Asumani and Martineau to give me a blessing. Martineau gave me one of the most beautiful blessings i've had in a while and it really comforted me. 

Saturday. I woke up feeling a little bit better than I had the day before but still not by much. I had to suck it up and make the best of it though because we had a mission conference with President Hill and Elder Curtis of the Presidency of the Seventy at the temple site that day. I got ready and pumped myself full of drugs and we all made our way there for the program. It was a memorial service for Sister Hill. One of the hardest things I have ever had to do was sit and listen to President Hill talk about his wife. He said some of the most beautiful things I have ever heard in my life. I know Sister Hill was there with us and she had probably heard them all before but she heard them again there too. Elder Curtis spoke to us as well and had nothing but great things to say about Sister Hill. She was one of the most amazing women I have ever met in my life and I personally will Miss her dearly. After the conference, no one had the energy or drive to do anything so we basically just crashed at the apartment and moped around the rest of the day. 

Sunday. I was feeling almost 100% healthy again by the morning which was such a relief. We had the pleasant surprise of showing up to church to find we were finally watching conference. It was the Sunday morning session of conference. I was overjoyed to finally be able to hear the words of our beloved prophet and apostles. After church we were visited by Elder and Sister Keele (the office couple). Elder Keele brought us a few things and checked out all of our bikes to make sure that we really did need new ones. We went later that evening to a recent converts house to eat dinner. It was some bean something with a really good stew on top. After that it was just back to the house to hang out for the night. 

Monday. The day started out slow. Just some cleaning and a lot of laying around. After a while we decided to head to the mall for a change of scenery. We went and saw Paddon and just hung out for a while, grabbed some good lunch, did a little shopping, and then headed on home. After that it was just straight back to the cafe for some emailing so here we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment